F1 Tyres - 9 Fascinating Formula 1 Tyre Facts06/08/2009
F1 Tyres - 9 Fascinating Facts About Formula 1 Tyres
Tyres are critical to F1 drivers and as sole supplier to the FIA Formula One World Championship since 2008 Bridgestone has been in a unique trackside position.
F1 Tyres - Did You Know?
- Bridgestone produces 40,000 Potenza F1 tyres per year
- 1,800 Bridgestone Potenza F1 tyres are taken to each Grand Prix
- Bridgestone reintroduced slick tyres to Formula One in 2009, after 11 years’ absence (before that grooved tyres were used since 1998)
- 19,452 Grand Prix race laps were completed using F1 Potenza tyres during 2008 F1 season
- A team of Bridgestone tyre fitters can fit 56 tyres (14 sets of tyres) per hour
- Four Bridgestone wet weather tyres can displace 61 litres of water per second when travelling at 300km/hour
- 60 Bridgestone personnel travel to each race
- Bridgestone transports 12 tonnes of equipment to each race
- A Bridgestone Potenza F1 tyre is made to last for approx. 150-200km So there you are, no excuses next time some F1 trivia pops up!